Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Delinquent DevLog Episode 1

Forward...March!

Here is the one post a week where I unashamedly tell you, my valued and wonderful readers, what works I have in progress and where I am with them. Kind of like a software developer's blog (DevLog) only without any software.


So what have I been doing this week?

Thanks to a glut of holiday time recently there has been some great progress made in the world of my writing projects! Query Letter polishing, revisions and marching forward on a new WIP (Work in Progress) are some of the highlights!

SWANSONG: THE FALLEN - (Novel) Has been undergoing some revisions to help improve the flow of the various plot elements, as well as get a bit more depth and understanding for our Main Antagonist going. Think of it as a refurbishment of a good restaurant...

ON THE WINGS OF LOVE - (Novel) Introducing you to my new WIP, a Science-Fiction story with a romantic theme to it. This particular story is being written as a wedding present to my best friend (as mentioned in 'pet project'). I'm trying a new method of polishing for this project - doing each chapter as I go along. A bit more time consuming but the results are already speaking for themselves. Chapter One is done and looking good!

SHORT STORIES - Finished writing a Christian short called 'THE PRAYER'. This one is actually quite some way out of my literary "comfort zone" so I think I'm going to be revisiting this one a few times before I'm finally happy with it.

In other short story news; back in June I submitted 'THE DAY THE SUN STOPPED SHINING' to the online Sci-Fi Magazine Strange Horizons for consideration. The process for getting results back is slow and they are very honest about the fact you're looking at a 90 day turnaround. That being said, fingers crossed!

QUERY LETTER - Ah Query Letter, how do I love thee? Well, as it turns out right now, not very much! We have a bit of a love/hate relationship does 'ole Query and Me and right now I'm once again working hard to change the bits about her that the world doesn't like so much. Good news is...there's not that much! Strong start, just the fine details that need refining.

So, as we draw to the close of Delinquent DevLog's exciting first episode, let us reflect on the fact that - unless you are extraordinarily lucky - writing is a long, winding road of self-improvement and hard work.

Do you ever find yourselves dreaming of the end of that road and what it might look like?
Hit me up with your writerly dreams below!

1 comment:

  1. Writerly Dreams. Lounging on a yacht in the middle of somewhere -not here- while contemplating where to go and spend the next big advance cheque from my latest smash hit novel.
    Reality may differ from your perceived experiences.

    Truth be told, I'm having a love/hate relationship with my muse. I'd like to hate her, but she loves to bug me and make me keep thinking of things to write and how.

    Ahh well, we can't all be mentally well balanced.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...